3.12.2012

Black is all the rage

I received back an edited copy of a manual I am working on. I'm all for have people review my work, as fresh eyes definitely can show things that I've missed. Especially when I'm on round 100 of updates/changes (or so it feels like).

But maybe I've worked too long in restricted areas in the past, as we were forced to use only certain colour inks during certain times, but I came across a Pet Peeve today.

Pet Peeve: People who edit black print documents in pencil or black in. Black on Black isn't what you call the easiest of all colours to catch when flipping through 200 page document. Maybe throw in a little blue, red, heck even a bit of green would work fine just for me. Just not something that has colour and stands out on a page!

Oh and maybe look up some definitions, like "wordsmith the addition" is not actually a sentence that makes sense... AND e.g. and i.e. are not actually the same thing, so don't use them interchangeably.

No comments:

Post a Comment